Error code 32. "Could not authenticate you"

Home Forums TAGSExplorer Questions/Issues Error code 32. "Could not authenticate you"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    heuertag
    Participant

I’m getting this error message:

Twitter Authorisation

Please be aware that if you are logged into multiple Google accounts authentication may fail. You can either log out of other Google accounts or use an incognito window.
    Oops something went wrong. Twitter says:{“errors”:[{“code”:32,”message”:”Could not authenticate you.”}]}

In another post , the developer wrote:

Hi,

Can you confirm three things:

1. in your Twitter app settings the callback URL is on the callback field and not the website url
    2. in your Twitter app settings the sign in to Twitter is unchecked
    3. you are not signed in to multiple Google accounts or that your default account is the one you are using with TAGS

I’ve confirmed the three things. Yet it still won’t work. Please help.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

If you changed any of those three settings then it can take some time for the changes to take affect. Still a problem 5 days later?

heuertag
    Participant

Should I start off at Step 4 (“Enter term”)? Or should I redo Step 3 (Run TAGS/Set up Twitter Access)?

I did Step 4 just now without doing Step 3, and I see an “Archive” tab with the tweets I searched for. I guess it’s working now?

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by heuertag.
    mhawksey
    Keymaster

I agree sounds like it’s setup now (this also means that for future copies of the TAGS spreadsheet you make you can jump straight to step 4 as authentication is stored by google centrally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.