Using TAGS for research on informal science learning and engagment

Home Forums How TAGS is being used Using TAGS for research on informal science learning and engagment

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Noah Goodman
    Participant

I have been using TAGS to collect Tweets for a National Science Foundation funded project called TwISLE (Twitter and Informal Science Learning and Engagement) run out of Education Development Center’s Center for Children and Technology. We are developing a codebook that could be used by other researchers to understand the nature of conversations surrounding public science institutions such as museums, zoos, and government agencies.

Figuring out exactly how we would harvest Tweets took a significant amount of attention at the beginning of our project. We started using Hootsuite, but had several issues with it, including only being able to harvest Tweets in real-time and not having access to all the metadata we wanted. When I started looking into creating something of our own, I came across TAGS. It was relatively easy to set up, free, and has been an overall great solution for our project.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Best,
    Noah

Noah Goodman
    Researcher
    Center for Children and Technology
    Education Development Center

Email: [email protected]
    Web: cct.edc.org

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.