Using in the Classroom

Home Forums How TAGS is being used Using in the Classroom

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dmoc325
    Participant

I am using Tags to capture tweets from students in class, responding to a hashtag on the board, as a means of taking attendance while getting to engage in conversations on Twitter. Starting it today. I’ll let you know how it all goes.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Great to hear. I’ll be presenting at paper at OER15 later in the year on some other classroom uses of TAGS so please feel free to update with how you are getting on 🙂

droyles
    Participant

I’ve been having some trouble with students’ tweets not showing up in the spreadsheet. Anyone have a similar problem? I do periodically get the following failure notice:

We’re sorry, a server error occurred. Please wait a bit and try again. (line 56, file “Code”, project “TAGS”)

The trigger is set to run every minute. Thoughts?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

most likely the frequency – the script can take up to 5 mins to write results, if it kicks off another run while its doing this it might get into problems

stargould
    Participant

I too am using TAGS in the classroom with Duke University undergrads and they have been dazzled. I’ve been using it myself for several years for graduate research and digital publication projects. Many deep and abiding thanks to you, @mhawksey for providing this incredible tool!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.