Upgrading from 5.1

Home Forums Basic setup Upgrading from 5.1

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mhawksey 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

clarethurman
    Participant

I couldn’t upgrade by copy and paste as my sheet was too large so I followed the alternative upgrade instructions. Since doing this it has completely crashed and I can’t open the sheet at all. I am worried that I have lost all of the data I have been collecting over the last few months. Any tips for things to try?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – sorry to hear you are having problems. Is the crashed sheet the one with your data in?

clarethurman
    Participant

Yes it is. I think I have managed to save most of it by copying and pasting into an offline spreadsheet, but there are some huge gaps. Unfortunately the most important day to capture the data (5 Oct) has been completely lost.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

If you can open the sheet it’s most likely that TAGS failed to collect the tweets on the 5 Oct rather than it being corrupted. Something to check is that TAGS sometimes collects duplicate copies of tweets so your missing data may be in another part of the sheet. One way to recover a non-responding Google Sheet is using the url https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=YOUR_SPREADSHEET_KEY&output=xls replacing YOUR_SPREADSHEET_KEY with your spreadsheet key (this only works if the Sheet has been File > published to the web)

clarethurman
    Participant

Some of the collected tweets are out of date order but I’ve been through everything in the Archive tab of the sheet and the 5 Oct is definitely not there. I’ve got the Twitter archive from the Twitter account I was analysing and wondered if there is any code I can use to perform the analysis on this raw data?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Is the data you are interested in only tweets from a single account?

clarethurman
    Participant

Most of it is, yes

mhawksey
    Keymaster

TAGS6.0 can pull someones updates. Setup the sheet by making a copy of the template. Enter the target account name where you’d put your search term and in cell B17 on the front sheet select ‘statuses/user_timeline’. You should also be able to increase the number of tweets that are collected to 3600

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.