Updated 5.x authentication fail

Home Forums Advanced usage Updated 5.x authentication fail

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cogdog
    Participant

Tried the update option for a 5.x version using the script copy and library updates. Twitter returns a bad authentication data error (I only got Google authentication, never saw a twitter one).

I’m trying to wrangle this connected courses one with 16,000 tweets. I was hoping I could create an archive sheet within and start anew? Your docs suggest this can be done, but how does one create a blank archive??

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Google have go better at copying a sheet to another spreadsheet. Are you able to go down that route?

By blank archive I mean making a copy of the template and then replacing the archive sheet with data from another TAGS sheet .. if that makes any more sense???

cogdog
    Participant

Yes, I was worried about the size of the archive, it’s really big. Won’t I have the same issue of the cell limit??

mhawksey
    Keymaster

If you copy to the new Sheets version no because they have a larger capacity (someone managed 58k tweets). Downside is TAGSExplorer seems less reliable in new Sheets. In some way you can argue that TAGSExplorer is less useful with such large volumes anyway and seeing who’s active in the may last couple of weeks is better

cogdog
    Participant

Will try that. Still having trouble getting 5.1 sheet to even open archive. Long running script. I’ve turned off updates but am still getting error messages like collectTweets still going. What would happen if I removed all scripts??

mhawksey
    Keymaster

The data will be safe. If you have a summary or dashboard sheet the formula on that will prompt the ‘working’ message

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.