Twitter authorisation failure

Home Forums TAGSExplorer Questions/Issues Twitter authorisation failure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mhawksey 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

davidjennings
    Participant

When setting up Twitter Access I keep getting a Twitter authorisation failure:

“Twitter Authorisation

Please be aware that if you are logged into multiple Google accounts authentication may fail. You can either log out of other Google accounts or use an incognito window.

Oops something went wrong. Twitter says:Failed to validate oauth signature and token”

I wasn’t logged into multiple Google accounts, but just to be sure I repeated the process on different browsers, including an incognito window. Same outcome every time. Any clues as to what might be going wrong? Thanks!

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi David – usual issue is something amiss in your Twitter API settings. Check your api key settings on dev.twitter.com and make sure the callback url is in the right field (this is an optional field and different to the website url field)

davidjennings
    Participant

Thanks! I mistakenly copied a leading space in the API keys – doh!

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Ah I should really trim whitespace on those fields. Thanks for letting me know what the issue was.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.