summary from multiply data sets

Home Forums Advanced usage summary from multiply data sets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sergej
    Participant

Dear colleagues,
    i am collecting tweeets for some period of time for the purpose of our research. As there is limit per google sheet – we have to make different sheet for every 20 key words (accounts we follow) – but now would like to do analysis of merged data sets using summary sheet (more then lets say 5 sheets with 20 accounts merged together) I tried to merge 20 accounts + 20 accounts – delete summary sheet, and create new one – and its working – but not sure for how many rows in total will work… any experience with similar situations?
    Or is it possible to download sheets and then merge them in excel on the laptop and then to summary analysis
    Best
    Sergej

sergej
    Participant
    mhawksey
    Keymaster

Merging offline makes sense, Google Sheets has a 2m cell limit per spreadsheet. You might want to look at OpenRefine as a tool, it can import and merge multiple .CSV files. Another tool I’ve seen used with TAGS is R – this however needs you to write scripts

sergej
    Participant

Dear Martin, thank you for feedback. Checked OpenRefine, but as its working as a part of google spreadsheets (if I understand it correctly) then with my data set will hardly work (as its too big), so another direction should be R. Actually I was thinking about it as a option, but I never worked with it. So will need to find a help with it.
    Feel free to post link to paper we published about our research. There are some quite interesting finding so far.
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/292392240_An_Analysis_of_Twitter_Usage_Among_Startups_in_Europe
    Best
    Sergej

mhawksey
    Keymaster

OpenRefine can integrate with Google Sheets but also works on standalone files. It runs off your desktop and can easily handle millions of rows. Workflow that might work for you is download individual TAGS archives, merge in OpenRefine then export a single file for something else … Excel, Tableau etc. (you could merge the data in Excel but personally I’d use OpenRefine to do this)

sergej
    Participant

Thank you Martin, so actually use OpenRefine to merge all data and then use some other SW to cary on analysis
    will try to do it… thank you for support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.