setup

Home Forums Basic setup setup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ape3
    Participant

I do not understand the following message:
    Error
    Request failed for https://api.twitter.com/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=&count=100&result_type=recent&include_entities=1&since=2017-02-06&until=2017-02-13 returned code 400. Truncated server response: {“errors”:[{“code”:25,”message”:”Query parameters are missing.”}]} (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response)
    Some help would be appreciated, thanks

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – Looks like you haven’t included a search term in cell B9 of the Readme/Settings sheet

ape3
    Participant

Sorry, have not expected such an easy explanation, indeed the search term was in B8, now it works, wonderful and thanks

ape3
    Participant

I get good results, however, some are ending within a word cutting of a part of a tweet which I can read while looking on twitter directly. Can I change some settings to get the full text?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Are you able to share an example e.g copying a row into a shared Google Sheet

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Appears data is truncated from Twitter and there doesn’t appear to be a switch to get full text (guessing this is related to service changes regarding handling of @reply)

hanagalp
    Participant

I am also on the Futurelearn course trying to use TAGS. I got in a loop try to allow permisions. Once I press allow I get back the screen telling me that TAGS needs permissions. I went through this loop several times. always getting back to the same screen. Wanted to attach the image, but have not idea if possible and how. Thanks

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Are you logged in with more than one Google account?

hanagalp
    Participant

I logged with one e-mail acount and got an error message, than I tried with a different one. How can I undo that?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

If you are usually logged in with multiple google accounts the best way is to open an incognito browser window, log in to your preferred account for using TAGS and going through the setup process. After that you can use your default browser as long as you are using copies of TAGS sheets which are owned by the same preferred Google account you should experience any problems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.