Search not pulling tweets from full 7 days
December 10, 2014 at 4:48 am #254
The first search I made pulled 7 days worth of tweets, but after changing the search terms to pull a different collection of tweets into the archives, I found it was only getting a couple of the most recent tweets, if any at all.
I’ve tried changing the time range from default down to 2 or 3 days, but it still only picks up the most recent tweets. (To clarify, I’ve been running this manually through the drop-down TAGS menu.)
Does anyone know what’s going on here? Is there some setting I’m missing?December 11, 2014 at 8:45 pm #257mhawkseyKeymaster
When the script runs it only pulls tweets since the last one in the archive. If you change the search term it will therefore only collect the most recent tweets. With TAGS v6 you can make me copies of the template and start a new archive with minimal setup. This is the best way to collect data on a different search termDecember 11, 2014 at 10:10 pm #258
Ohhh, that makes sense. Thank you!
Can I get around this by temporarily changing (or removing) the date of the last tweet?
I’ve tried setting up a new archive, but the sheet keeps crashing when I try to merge them.December 12, 2014 at 12:47 am #259
Oookay, that was a bad idea. I tried removing the entries in the column id_str before running the script again. It did indeed grab all tweets from the last 7 days. However, the overlap between the searches was significantly higher than expected. Since the “delete duplicates script” asks for confirmation before it deletes anything, and the sheet feels the need to recalculate everything after each deletion, this has become impossible to clean up.
Number of Tweets: 33,578
Unique tweets: 28,540December 12, 2014 at 10:21 am #260mhawkseyKeymaster
at 33k tweets you are hitting the limits of TAGS/Google Sheets and you might be better looking around for something that can handle more data.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.