Search not pulling tweets from full 7 days

Home Forums Basic setup Search not pulling tweets from full 7 days

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ambersz
    Participant

The first search I made pulled 7 days worth of tweets, but after changing the search terms to pull a different collection of tweets into the archives, I found it was only getting a couple of the most recent tweets, if any at all.
    I’ve tried changing the time range from default down to 2 or 3 days, but it still only picks up the most recent tweets. (To clarify, I’ve been running this manually through the drop-down TAGS menu.)

Does anyone know what’s going on here? Is there some setting I’m missing?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

When the script runs it only pulls tweets since the last one in the archive. If you change the search term it will therefore only collect the most recent tweets. With TAGS v6 you can make me copies of the template and start a new archive with minimal setup. This is the best way to collect data on a different search term

ambersz
    Participant

Ohhh, that makes sense. Thank you!

Can I get around this by temporarily changing (or removing) the date of the last tweet?

I’ve tried setting up a new archive, but the sheet keeps crashing when I try to merge them.

ambersz
    Participant

Oookay, that was a bad idea. I tried removing the entries in the column id_str before running the script again. It did indeed grab all tweets from the last 7 days. However, the overlap between the searches was significantly higher than expected. Since the “delete duplicates script” asks for confirmation before it deletes anything, and the sheet feels the need to recalculate everything after each deletion, this has become impossible to clean up.

Number of Tweets: 33,578
    Unique tweets: 28,540

mhawksey
    Keymaster

at 33k tweets you are hitting the limits of TAGS/Google Sheets and you might be better looking around for something that can handle more data.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.