Saving Files for GEPHI > java.lang.RuntimeException

Home Forums Basic setup Saving Files for GEPHI > java.lang.RuntimeException

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    andreariccieu
    Participant

This is probably basic, but still it’s a stopper
    I have used tags explorer (thanks mhawksey for giving so much to all of us !!!) and had problems (on my Yosemite mac book retina) with speed (3000 records).
    I was therefore wondering if I could actually use a different technology such as GEPHI to visualise results. I downloaded the .csv file and tired to open it with GEPHI
    I got java.lang.RuntimeException:java.lang.NullPointerException.
    What’s that ?
    Can you suggest a solution ?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by mhawksey.
    mhawksey
    Keymaster

hi – my guess is the encoding in the download is an issue. One solution might be to use another application to open the downloaded csv and drop some of the columns you don’t need, re-save as .csv and try a gephi import again

andreariccieu
    Participant

Sorry Martin for keeping on bothering you with this but I would not know where to start in dropping columns
    I am working on a propaganda analysis projects and I would not know which columns generate the problem and which do not…
    I’ll run some tests this afternoon and report to you

andreariccieu
    Participant

I can now confirm you I have erased 3/4 columns with Numbers and saved again as csv obtaining however the same results
    Could you kindly try this on your side with GEPHI?
    It’s close to impossible to get the GEPHI community to respond on issues like this … so I base my hopes on you …
    Thanks for trying

andreariccieu
    Participant

I have just finished reading more instruction manuals
    The java issue starts when one tries to open the file from the edit menu. In reality, even if the edit menu seems to be able to open cvs files, one needs to go on the “data laboratory” > import spreadsheets > load
    The next issue is to do the rest. The archive files appear like 8910 nodes with no edges. So, while I will invest more time in read how data should be structured to create edges, I post this to you. Maybe you have the other half of the answer.
    I really want to use your TAGS with GEPHI
    Thanks for reading until now

mhawksey
    Keymaster
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.