Please help

Home Forums Basic setup Please help

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ajgiorgio
    Participant

I keep getting this message:

Twitter Authorisation

Please be aware that if you are logged into multiple Google accounts authentication may fail. You can either log out of other Google accounts or use an incognito window.
    Oops something went wrong. Twitter says:Could not authenticate you.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Some things to check

1. key/secret entered correctly
    2. in dev.twitter.com the app created has the correct callback url
    3. in dev.twitter.com the app *isn’t* used to sign-in using twitter

GiuMaz
    Participant

hi Martin
    I have, i think, the same problem.
    this is the message i have after click run:

Error
    Request failed for https://api.twitter.com/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=%23aquashow&count=100&result_type=recent&include_entities=1&since_id=597053229172686848 returned code 401. Truncated server response: {“errors”:[{“code”:32,”message”:”Could not authenticate you.”}]} (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response)

What is the problem ? I try and re-tray many times but at the end I have the same!!!

tks

mhawksey
    Keymaster

hi – if you can’t get through the setup process running the script won’t work. When you run the setup do you still get “Oops something went wrong. Twitter says:Could not authenticate you.”

GiuMaz
    Participant

hi, yes, but i don’t know why i can’t get through the setup process!! I follow step by step yours instructions…

sahana
    Participant

Hi,
    How can I reset the starting date for data pull to an earlier date? The tweets for a hashtag starts on April 29, but I need them to start on April 3, how will I be able to do it?

GiuMaz
    Participant

hi Sahana i’m afraid you can’t do it!…this relies on twitter api limitations (max 7 days before)!

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi GuiMax – have you been able to setup now? If not I’ve another suggestion.
    Thanks
    Martin

kvwheeler
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    I have set up several sheets with no issues. I created a copy of TAGS v6 today and successfully completed “Setup Twitter Access.” The following error was received when I clicked “Run Now!”.

Request failed for https://api.twitter.com/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=don%27t%20buy&count=100&result_type=recent&include_entities=1 returned code 401. Truncated server response: {“errors”:[{“code”:32,”message”:”Could not authenticate you.”}]} (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

mhawksey
    Keymaster

hmmm weirdly it doesn’t like the apostrophe in “don’t”. The code is supposed to take account of this but for some reason Twitter is bouncing it. Even weirder is “don%27t buy” does work … and it’s not supposed to e.g. here

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.