Please check my search terms

Home Forums Basic setup Please check my search terms

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LuisHestres
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to do a search for keywords & tags related to Puerto Rico and Hurricane Maria. So far my search is yielding few results and I suspect it’s because my search terms may not be right. Here’s what I’m using:

Puerto Rico AND Maria OR Puerto Rico AND Hurricane Maria OR #PuertoRico AND #Maria OR #PuertoRico AND #HurricaneMaria OR #HurricaneMaria OR #Maria

Is this correct or have I made some mistake? Thanks!

mhawksey
    Keymaster

You might want to try adding some () and " to your expression to differentiate between AND and OR e.g.

("Puerto Rico" AND Maria) OR ("Puerto Rico" AND "Hurricane Maria") OR (#PuertoRico AND #Maria) OR (#PuertoRico AND #HurricaneMaria) OR #HurricaneMaria OR #Maria

An example collection is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YnFEVcBihC-sGrY_czPkH4LtG_vxtxAjuaHxmFz1RDI/edit#gid=203537429

[some things to note 18k tweets is the max you can collect for the Twitter API in one hit and data is only available from the last 7-9 days or 18k tweets, which ever comes first]

LuisHestres
    Participant

I’m trying this right now. I’m sure it will work. This is more like what I thought originally the search should look like. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.