Period of -1 days is actually 24-48 hours ago

Home Forums TAGSExplorer Questions/Issues Period of -1 days is actually 24-48 hours ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jason
    Participant

Hi,

This is confusing to me and seems like a bug. But if it isn’t, then I want to ask for a feature update 🙂

When you choose the default setting for the “period” you see tweets starting from that moment back to around 9 days or so.

But when you choose a period of -1 days, you see tweets that were posted from 24 hours ago to 48 hours ago.

There is no way to see ONLY tweets from the last 24 hours.

This feels like a bug or mistake to me-it seems like that’s what “-1” days should do.

If possible, could you add a period that is “-24 hours” that would do this? Or make the -1 days period reflect what it says by pulling tweets from the last day (24 hours) ?

Thanks!

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Period has always created more confusion than it solved – never quite found the right way to describe it. Part of the problem is when using date parameters to limit the search these are based on GMT so if you are operating in a different timezone you might get a lot less than expected. I guess I could get the users timezone and then collect up to the -24 HR mark … this will need some extra code but is possible

jason
    Participant

I understand. It would be extremely useful if you could make that change. I’m having others in my organization use TAGS and this is the number one request!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.