number of tweets collection

Home Forums Advanced usage number of tweets collection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sergej
    Participant

Dear colleagues,
    we are slowly putting to the end of our research and now we have to crunch some numbers. We are just finishing double check manually of all accounts and trying to put up some figures.
    Is it possible somehow to collect number of tweets from accounts we follow (we have almost 10,000 accounts from which we collect tweets)
    In the beginning thought that we could measure it by number of rows we collect – but thing is that we did not collect all tweets – so we could not define number of tweets by counting number of rows. Its quite tricky, as we will need to collect number of tweets in shortest period of time – and if we go for manually it could take up to week
    Best
    Sergej

mhawksey
    Keymaster

On the Readme/settings sheet there should be a summary of unique twitter tweet ids in the Archive. Does that give what you are looking for?

sergej
    Participant

Dear Martin, i could see it – but thing is that actually i need to measure number of tweets from day we started research, august 2015 till march 2016 per each account (aprox 10,000) – and script did not capture all tweets. So actually I need to get it from the user account. We just spend two months cleaning data last time (real people vs companies and bots) – and now in short period of time (one week max) have to gather number of tweets posted. So this function will not work for this. One option is to go account by account and do it manually, or somehow automatically go through all accounts and collect data from twitter page about number of tweets.
    Best
    Sergej

mhawksey
    Keymaster

if you are following the 10,000 accounts from another account you could export the number of tweets from the information extracted using https://mashe.hawksey.info/2011/03/export-twitter-followers/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.