Limits for retrieval per hour

Home Forums Advanced usage Limits for retrieval per hour

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sergej
    Participant

Dear colleagues,just creating extensive tweets retrieval from high number of users (more then 4000 it think ) for the purpose of academic research. Today in the morning and today come to the point when TAGS tell me that i reach the limit. Is there some limit per hour or how many users/hashtags you could follow in TAG and retrieve ?
    All the best
    Sergej

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – for search twitter allows ‘180 requests/queries per 15 minutes’. A ‘query’ for TAGS returns 100 tweets.

TAGS is also limited by quotas imposed by Google, which I’m guessing are the ones you are hitting. For a ‘consumer’ account (gmail.com) you can have 20,000 queries a day (a lot more if you are Edu or Gov user). There are also limits on the amount of server time you can use – harder to measure. If you are hitting Google limits one way around this is using multiple Google accounts.

raymondmdri
    Participant

Hello, if I understand this correctly, one can query with TAGS every minute, but this would only return a maximum of 1,500 tweets/15 minutes (as opposed to 18,000 tweets/15 minutes)?

Is there anyway to modify TAGS to utilize the maximum amount of queries that can be made via Search API, e.g., to be able to return 18,000 tweets/15 minutes.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – yes this can be set in cell B16 of the readme/settings sheet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.