Failed Script

Home Forums Advanced usage Failed Script

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rs4001155
    Participant

Hi,

I’m an MA design student at Manchester Met. I have 5 copies of your brilliant Tags file collecting tweets from the 5 major parties. The plan is to collect tweets (e.g @UKlabour) for the 100 day election countdown and then create a data sculpture based on the language. Daily all 5 copies are reporting the error below. Have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Paul

—-
    Your script, Copy of TAGS v6.0 Client, has recently failed to finish successfully. A summary of the failure(s) is shown below. To configure the triggers for this script, or change your setting for receiving future failure notifications, click here.

The script is used by the document UKIP.

Details:

Start Function Error Message Trigger End
    1/28/15 4:12 AM getTweets Service error: Spreadsheets (line 60, file “Code”, project “TAGS”) time-based 1/28/15 4:12 AM
    —–

mhawksey
    Keymaster

you can occasionally get issues – is it still happening?

rs4001155
    Participant

Yes, appears to happen just once a day. It’s set up to run every hr.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

If it’s still making collections I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Are you collecting from:uklabour or all mentions of @uklabour?

[I ask because TAGS is only suitable for ‘small’ data. Previous election data captures I fallen over for me]

rs4001155
    Participant

Hi, firstly thanks!

The plan was to collect from all @uklabour mentions (same for the other 5 parties).

They have stopped collecting and now have new errors (20000000 Google Sheet cell limit!).

So.. the plan is to run the TAGS sheet every day. Copy the data (tweets only) into an Excel file and then clear archive. Run the following day, and so on..

Just one question – the new TAGS sheets are collecting no more than 3000 tweets and when I increase the “Advanced Setting > Number of Tweets” it still doesn’t collect any more?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Paul

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Not sure why topping out at 3000, it may be Twitter have changed the API limits. Regardless I’d set the script to run more frequently (perhaps even every 10 min during tv debates) and then empty at end of the day. I would say you are pushing TAGS beyond its usual use case. I’ve previously worked with tweetminster who have different data collection techniques https://mashe.hawksey.info/2010/05/leaders-debate-on-bbc-iplayer-with-twitter-subtitles/

subutcher
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    Hi Martin,

I get this occasionally with my scripts (I’ve been running TAGS back since version 3.1). Nothing the scale of the election though, much smaller numbers!
    I often get the message for older versions, where I don’t really need to keep them running, and just turn them off, but I’ve recently got one for a version 6.0.
    This is the one I got an alert for overnight
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rs1cIkGLjfGKFO8jZUD14jRhCsmj0Fu-_-ueqcnQeoA/pubhtml
    However, it can’t be anything to do with number of tweets because no-one has tweeted with the hashtag since 4th March so I don’t think I’m missing any tweets.

So not sure what the cause is, when I get the notifications I either turn off the ‘update every hour’ or go and check if they are still collecting, and afaik all of them have been.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.