exporting archive problem

Home Forums Advanced usage exporting archive problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    strawley
    Participant

First of all – big thank you for creating such a useful tool. It is very much appreciated by a lot of people.

We have an archive of approx 103,000 tweets (although this problem was present at 80,000) that we are struggling to export using TAGS6.

None of the “download as” options (.csv, .tsv, excel, etc) work. After selecting them nothing appears to happen.

The dev console displays a couple of error messages;
    “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)”

“Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS”

Same problem with chrome (39.0.2171.99) or firefox on a macbook pro (OSX 10.10.1).

Any advice much appreciated.

Best regards,
    Steve

mhawksey
    Keymaster

hmm that’s a lot of data. What happens if you right click on the file and select the download option? Another thing to try is selecting two Google Sheets in Drive (holdig the Ctrl key and clicking on them) and then right click download (this will convert and zip the files before download)

strawley
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. Selecting the file and right clicking download option produces a “Failed – Server problem” message. Same error message when selecting two files for download.

It’s an odd one as the Archive sheet is working (albeit rather slowly)- and tweets are still being appended by TAGS. Although attempts to make a copy of that file also fail.

Thanks again
    Steve

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Is the data File > published to web ? If so there are some other export URLs you can try

strawley
    Participant

This is the link that is generated when “publish to web” is selected:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ikOGUQfFPvR19xxmmvFKVBr4zkYQ3cucxT3EqMT5KBI/pubhtml?gid=400689247&single=true

Unfortunately, that link generates a google drive error. Maybe my best bet is to try revision history and take it back to a version that can be exported?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Magic url https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ikOGUQfFPvR19xxmmvFKVBr4zkYQ3cucxT3EqMT5KBI/gviz/tq?sheet=Archive&pub=1&tqx=reqId:1;out:csv

Haven’t checked the validity of the file but hitting this I got a 100MB file back. If you link doesn’t work for you let me know and I’ll upload to Drive for you to get

strawley
    Participant

It worked! You absolute star – very much appreciated.

That really is a magic url.

thanks again
    Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.