Export Twitter Friends and Followers v3.2

Home Forums Basic setup Export Twitter Friends and Followers v3.2

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    saip
    Participant

Hi mhawksey,

Thank you for developing the application to export twitter friends and followers. I am using it for my project assignment. I am a bit confuse about followers and friends in twitter. How you differentiate it. Thanks.

regards,

saip

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – it breaks down as friends = following and followers = followers 🙂

saip
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the explanation.
    One more question, the data downloaded is not same with the no. of followers display in twitter page. Example, total no of followers = 500. The tool only downloaded 450. Could you please advice. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by saip.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by saip.
    mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – last time I looked there was a comment on one of Twitters community sites where Twitter admitted the numbers didn’t match. Twitter are always tweaking their service so this may have changed. Is there a big difference in the number?

saip
    Participant

Hi,

The different is up to 50% in some cases.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

are you able to spot any trends? For example is it worse for accounts with more followers/following?

saip
    Participant

It is fluctuating. Difficult to spot the trends. For the account with more followers (>5000), I will repeat the process until the message ‘no new users’ is display.

Barri
    Participant

When I export followers from another account, the order of the list is the arrival of the followers?

Is it possible to know the date of arrival of the follower?

Best regards.
    jb

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Barri.
    mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – yes the list is ordered by date but my recollection is the connected date is not included in the data from the Twitter API. For new followers you can run the script regularly and record a connection date separately or using estimation techniques like this one https://blog.ouseful.info/2013/04/05/estimated-follower-accession-charts-for-twitter/

Barri
    Participant

Ok. Gracias 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.