Error: too much computing time

Home Forums Advanced usage Error: too much computing time

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Quirin
    Participant

Hello,

I have recently edited my TAGS sheets and set their triggers to 15 min instead of the original 60 min in order to try to approach the maximum Twitter API rate limit. It first seemed to run okay, I tested and compared results between two sheets.

However, now I’m getting emails reporting errors for many of my sheets (total: 35) containing the error message ‘the service requires too much computing time for one day’ (translated from German) by the function getTweets. They seem to keep on collecting tweets though.

What is this about and what can I do?

Best,
    Quirin

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Quirin.
    mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – sounds like you are hitting the quota Google provide for running scripts in Google Sheets https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/services/quotas#current_quotas If you are running via a Gmail account then G Suite accounts are more generous … or split the load across multiple accounts

Quirin
    Participant

Thanks for your answer! I’d like to stick with my single Gmail account for several reasons, so I guess I’ll have to switch back from 15 to 60 min intervals for the getTweets trigger. My only concern for that is that I’d get less than the maximum number of tweets that could be harvested for my queries, as the absolute frequency of tweets for those queries are crucial for my research project. Would I get a warning or error if I hit that ceiling?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

No unfortunately I don’t think the script throws an error if reaches the collection limit and there are more tweets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.