Date-Time range

Home Forums TAGSExplorer Questions/Issues Date-Time range

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    maximepull
    Participant

Hello,

wondernig if and how I can specifiy a date/time range for the data pull?

Can I for example, pull all of the tweets concerning a specific hashtag between 2013 Oct 31 to 2014 Mar 31?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – unfortunately not. TAGS integrates directly with Twitter and one of the limitations for search results is tweets from the last ~7days

maximepull
    Participant

Ok thank you!

am_hepburn
    Participant

More or less the same question…I would like to limit tweets to ONLY those from 4 days ago. Can I do this? (Full 4 day search gives too many responses!)

mhawksey
    Keymaster

I’d just collect them into the Archive Sheet then delete the extra rows there

am_hepburn
    Participant

err…I’d love to be able to do this.. I’m trying to study the beginning of the #jesuischarlie phenomenon. Don’t need to say that there are WAAAAYYY more than 18000 tweets. This number is also too large to do anything with. Would like to “isolate” first circa 1000 tweets. Possible using TAGS sheet?? Or can you suggest something else?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Starting from a fresh archive on the front sheet there should be a field to limit the period to 4 days ago. The search API only allows a date rather than F date/time so you may find there is still too much data for TAGS

am_hepburn
    Participant

Get following message for “default” or “-4 days” request

Request failed for https://api.twitter.com/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=%23jesuischarlie&count=100&result_type=recent&include_entities=1&max_id=553895971542032385 returned code 429. Truncated server response: {“errors”:[{“message”:”Rate limit exceeded”,”code”:88}]} (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response)

THX

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Your out of quota for your API key. It gets refreshed every hour. You can use TAGS > Test rate to check quotas

sahana
    Participant

Hi,
    How can I reset the starting date for data pull to an earlier date? The tweets for a hashtag starts on April 29, but I need them to start on April 3, how will I be able to do it?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi sahana – as stated in this thread this is not possible “unfortunately not. TAGS integrates directly with Twitter and one of the limitations for search results is tweets from the last ~7days”

ghayda
    Participant

Hi I am stuck @ the dates parts how can i write then within the existing code?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

As in beyond 7days? Not possible with the data provided by Twitter. You can open Tools > Script editor in the Google Sheet to see some of the code

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.