Cant get favorites and retweet

Home Forums Advanced usage Cant get favorites and retweet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    pivita
    Participant

Hi,
    this is my first post on this forum.
    I’m using TAGS recently. It’s fantastic!
    I’ve found this guide online but this is for a 3.0 version. I cant get data about favorites and retweets of all the tweet.
    How can I set this feature?

Regards
    Pivita

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi Pivita – welcome 😉 From the TAGS menu there should be options for Add Summary and Add Dashboard. Using these adds sheets with info about the archive.

pivita
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the answer.
    I’m using dashboard and summary for the aggregate data yet.
    I’d like to know how many favorites and retweets has each tweet and, if possible, geolocation coordinates.
    Thank you so much
    Regards
    Pivita

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi – favourites and retweets can be recorded by adding favourites_count and rewteet_count as column names to the archive sheet (this is not retrospective, only new data will include this). What you do with this data is up to your spreadsheet ninja skills, there’s nothing in tags which will summaries it

pivita
    Participant

Cool! 🙂
    Thank you very much!
    Is there any key to geolocation data recording?
    Best regards,
    Pivita

pivita
    Participant

EDIT: I don’t know why, TAGS don’t calculate “favorite_count” (even favOurite_count and favorites/favourites_count) but found all the retweets simple writing retweet_count.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

sorry favourite count doesn’t appear to be available in the data from Twitter

geocoding data is possible a number of ways but be aware that Twitter terms of service apply https://dev.twitter.com/overview/terms/agreement

hu2015
    Participant

What about pre filtering? For hash tags I want only collect original tweets and not retweets is that possible? And if so how? Thanks.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

There isn’t a native feature in the public search api to do this. The best you can do is include -RT in your keyword search e.g. ‘kittens AND -RT’ (without quotes). Retweets get prefixed with RT in the search api even if you just click a retweet button. The -RT removes everything that includes ‘RT’ in the tweet so is not 100% accurate.

Barri
    Participant

“geocoding data is possible a number of ways but be aware that Twitter terms of service apply https://dev.twitter.com/overview/terms/agreement”

how ?
    With the option geo_coordinates only see a few.

Barri

mhawksey
    Keymaster

See II.C on Geographic Data in https://dev.twitter.com/overview/terms/agreement (I’m not entirely sure what it means and what the implications are. ‘Content’ is defined as:

Content ‒ Tweets, Tweet IDs, Twitter end user profile information, and any other data and information made available to you through the Twitter API or by any other means authorized by Twitter, and any copies and derivative works thereof.

)

raymondmdri
    Participant

Neither favorite_count and favourites_count returns any data when adding a column with the names. Is this normal now?

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Unfortunately Twitter removed favourites_count and retweets_count from the search results

nesfernandez
    Participant

Hi Martin!!!! my name is Nestor and im writing you from Argentina. Your work is a great help for us. I have tried the “twitter Archiver” complement and it returns the favourites and retweets count. May be thers a solution for the count due to your post “Unfortunately Twitter removed favourites_count and retweets_count from the search results”

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi Nestor – hmm either I misdiagnosed or the data is back in the search results. If you add columns with the names favourite_count and retweet_count in the Archive sheet when the script runs data will be populated in these columns. Thanks for the prod 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.