Authentication question

Home Forums Basic setup Authentication question

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to set up a TAGS and I cannot make it past the Twitter Authorization step.

I input my API key and secret key and press next. During the next step I get a Twitter authorization failure that reads;

—START QUOTE—

Twitter Authorisation

Please be aware that if you are logged into multiple Google accounts authentication may fail. You can either log out of other Google accounts or use an incognito window.

Oops something went wrong. Twitter says: Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value ‘oob’ /oauth/request_token

—END QUOTE—

I have tried logging out of all account, and posting from incognito windows, and it is the same error every time.

Feedback/guidance would be appreciated.

Jon

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Some things to try:

1. In your Twitter app (dev.twitter.com) did you include the correct callback url (this is not a required field and some people miss it)

2. Check that when you entered your key secret that they don’t have any extra characters

If these don’t work let me know

LuisHestres
    Participant

I have been having the exact same issue. I’ve followed the video exactly step by step and I’m getting this same message so I have not been able to authorize through Twitter like the video shows.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Can you open your app in your dev.twitter.com account and post what is on the callback field?

LuisHestres
    Participant
    mhawksey
    Keymaster

Are you key/secret in the correct fields and have no extra characters or wikispaces?

LuisHestres
    Participant

They’re both in the correct fields and there are no extra characters.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Do you get as far as the window with:

Twitter Authorisation

Please be aware that if you are logged into multiple Google accounts authentication may fail. You can either log out of other Google accounts or use an incognito window.

Also what browser/operating system are you using?

LuisHestres
    Participant

Yes, I get as far as that window. I’m using Chrome v 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit) on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Are you able to drop a screenshot of your Settings tab in https://apps.twitter.com/app for your app?

Til_Man
    Participant

This sounds like the problem I’m having – maybe here’s the solution:

“I went to the twitter authenticaon website and granted myself token access manually – now it seems to be working.”

bwalsh
    Participant

Was there ever a solution to this? I am getting the same error and I have tried many things without any success.

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Making sure the ‘Sign in with Twitter’ option in dev.twitter.com seems to be the key for many followed by having the callback url in the right field

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.