After twitter application creation

Home Forums Basic setup After twitter application creation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mhale
    Participant

I think I have set up the twitter ap. It says “your application has been created. Please take a moment to review and adjust your applications settings. How where do I do that? I have never done any of this before and am not even sure what or how to get an API key and secret. Thanks in advance

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi mhale, yes it’s all a bit of a journey. If you go to https://apps.twitter.com/ whilst signed in you should see your application listed. Clicking on your application you should see a tab with ‘Keys and Access Tokens’ this is where you can get your key and secret to put in to TAGS

mhale
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried that and it says I have no twitter apps. I tried starting all over and got rid of the TAGS copy on my google drive. I got to the same place with the same message. I didn;t mention that below the message saying “your application has been created” is a button that says I hgave no APPs.

I am sure it is something odd. What I put in the application fields doesn’t really matter, excpet for the call back URL right?

Could it be some security setting I don’t know about? Sorry to be such a newbie.

Matt

mhawksey
    Keymaster

Hi Matt – the callback url is the important bit but I know providing a website url is also a required field. Someone mentioned yesterday that to register an app on Twitter they needed to also provide a mobile phone number???

mhale
    Participant

Thanks,

I will keep working at it. I plugged in a website (both real and a placeholder) I also tried changing the name I registered it upnder and still got nothing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.